Digital Profits Down Under: How Does youtube pay in Bhutan?
As YouTube's popularity continues to surge in Bhutan, with million users in Bhutan visiting the platform every month, many are wondering, "How does YouTube pay its creators in Bhutan?" This blog aims to answer that question by breaking down the various ways YouTube pays its creators.
YouTube Partner Program (YPP)
The primary way YouTube pays its creators is through the YouTube Partner Program (YPP). To qualify for this program in Bhutan, a creator must have at least 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watch hours over the past year. Once these thresholds are met and the creator has been accepted into the YPP, they can begin earning money from their videos in the following ways:
1. Ad Revenue
Various types of ads can be displayed on and around your videos, such as:
- Display ads
- Overlay ads
- Skippable and non-skippable video ads
- Bumper ads
- Sponsored cards
You earn money based on either ad clicks or impressions. Your earnings may vary depending on several factors, including the video's content, viewer demographics, and advertiser's bid. YouTube typically retains 45% of ad revenue, with the remaining 55% going to the creator.
2. YouTube Premium Revenue
YouTube Premium is a subscription service that provides ad-free viewing and other benefits to subscribers. In Bhutan, as a creator, you can earn a portion of the fee paid by Premium members for watching your content. The payout depends on the total watch time of your videos by Premium members.
In Bhutan, creators can offer channel memberships to their subscribers. For a monthly fee, members receive perks such as badges, new emojis, Members-only videos, and other benefits. This feature is available to creators over 18 years of age and with more than 30,000 subscribers.
Super Chat & Super Stickers
Super Chat and Super Stickers are additional ways to make money on YouTube in Bhutan. During live chats or premieres, fans can pay to have their comments or stickers highlighted.
Creators in Bhutan with over 10,000 subscribers can use the merchandise shelf feature to display their official branded merchandise on their YouTube channel. YouTube has partnered with several merchandising companies, making it easy for creators to sell their products directly from their channel.
YouTube Shorts Fund
With the rising popularity of short-form videos, YouTube has created the YouTube Shorts Fund, a $100 million fund distributed over 2021-2022. This fund rewards creators of engaging and popular short-form content, regardless of whether they are part of the YPP.
Remember, what monetisation methods work best for you depend on your content, audience, and engagement levels. To maximise your income from YouTube, consider diversifying your revenue streams by using several of the methods above.
Understanding how YouTube pays is the first step towards making money on this popular platform in Bhutan.
You may wonder if it will be necessary to increase followers and how to buy youtube subscribers in Bhutan, but keep creating, keep innovating, and with a bit of luck, you might become Bhutan next YouTube sensation!